- Select an area from the drop-down lists.
- Zoom in on the map by using the buttons below the map or the magnifying glass.
- Click Search. A list of dossiers/historical maps for the selected area is presented.
Search by map results in hits in the following archives:
- The Geographical Survey Office (RAK)
The search is based on coordinates on the map and gives hits in: Economic Maps, Ordnance Survey Maps and the Hundred Economic Maps, which are series leaf maps with coordinate data. For these maps the hit results will be close to 100%.
- Land Survey Board (LMS) and Cadastral Authority Archive (REG)
The search is based on the place names found on the maps. Place names are names of cities, towns and settlements. The number of permitted place names within the map varies depending on where in the country the search is made. For example, within an urban area fewer place names are permitted than in rural areas. If the search is not possible to perform, you can zoom into the map or move the map slightly in either direction or search via advanced search.
If you wish to be a little more specific in your search, you can use Advanced search where you search in each archive separately. For example, you can search for a specific dossier designation or historical maps between specific years.
Frequently Asked Questions