Our driving concept is to contribute to sustainable society-building and economic development by creating the conditions for:
- building and developing real properties and society's infrastructure.
- purchasing, owning and selling real properties.
- searching, finding and using geographical information and property information.
Our service commitment
We are responsible for property division in Sweden and we provide society - public sector, trade and industry, and private persons - with information on geography and real properties.
We are also responsible for
- Sweden's national geodetic grid, as well as providing support for satellite-based positioning and navigation. The national grid consists of points with accurately determined positions. The national grid points can be used as starting points for different types of measurement, such as for planning and mapping.
- Establishing place-names according to a preserved place-name practice.
You can learn more about our mission in the Appropriation directions.